Monday, August 25, 2008

Blueberry Yogurt Coffee Cake (My Birthday Breakfast 2008)

Blueberry Yogurt Coffee Cake

Category: BreakfastYield: 9 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 Tbs butter

Preheat oven to 350. In a lg. bowl, cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir into butter mixture. Add yogurt and mix. Gently stir in blueberries. In a small bowl stir together the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and walnuts. Pour half the batter into a buttered 8" square pan. Sprinkle with half the topping mixture & top with the remaining batter. Cimbine the remaining topping with 2 T. butter and sprinkle over the top. Cook about 45 min.

Nutritional facts per serving (daily value): Calories 388kcal; Protein 6g (12%); Total Fat 23g (35%)(Sat. 9g (47%)); Chol. 82mg (27%); Carb. 42g (14%); Fiber 2g (8%); Sugars 26g; Calcium 95mg (9%); Iron 2mg (10%)----------

Exported from Shop'NCook Menu 3.4.3 (