Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Baked Zucchini Quiche


THIS:

Became THIS for dinner tonight:




Baked Zucchini Quiche
3 cups of thinly sliced or shredded,unpeeled zucchini
1/2 cup of grated cheese
1 cup of Bisquick *
1/2 cup of chopped onion **
1/2 teaspoon of oregano
2 teaspoons of chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon of seasoned salt (opt.)
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 cup of oil
4 beaten eggs

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Mix all ingredients. Bake in 13"x9" greased dish, 30 to 40 minutes until golden brown. Cut into squares, about 2"x1".

*I got all my veggies sliced and realized that Nathan had used the last bit of my Bisquick for pancakes! I found this mix substitute online and it worked well. I used this recipe converter to make it is a MUCH smaller batch.

** I also added finely minced red and purple peppers for color.

I also grated three peeled potatoes on the trusty box grater. I added some green onions, salt, pepper and a bit of good olive oil. Using an ice cream scoop, I placed piles onto a very hot skillet. These have to cook for a fairly long time, because you want the outside to crisp up and brown, but you also want the inside to cook. They make YUMMY hash browns that go GREAT with any egg dish like this.

ENJOY!!!